The Academy of Business at Acadiana High School will be offering FREE tax preparation services to all students, faculty and staff at your school. Even if a parent claims you on their tax return, students can still file their taxes. Don't miss out on this opportunity to claim your money.

The Academy of Business tax preparers will be visiting your school. The exact dates will be announced shortly. Please complete this short form to schedule an appointment.


Will I get all my tax money back?
This depends on the amount of money you earned at your job during the year, but many students would qualify for a complete tax refund on all paid taxes.

My parents said that I cannot file taxes.
It is a common misconception that students who have a parent claim them as a dependent on a tax return cannot file a return, but the government still allows you to file a tax return AND your parents can still claim you on their returns.

What should I bring?
At the end of January, you should have received tax documents from your employer called a W-2 form. Othesr may have received a 1099 form. In order for us to complete your tax returns, we need you to bring those documents to your appointment. If you have a checking and/or savings account, you might also have received an Interest/Dividends document. Bring those with you too. Don't forget your ID (a driver's license and work permit are good things to bring too!)

What about stocks, bonds, self-employment, etc...?
While we want to help as many as possible, some returns might need professional services. When you complete your appointment request, let us know what type of documents you have so we can let you know if we can process your return.

Wait, I have more questions!
Click here to visit the Academy of Business contact us page to complete the request form and we will help you as quickly as possible.